Multi-Timbral Phase Modulation Sampler
Designed to provide a powerful, flexible sampling engine for modular synthesis, the ASSIMIL8OR Multi-Timbral Phase Modulation Sampler module is the latest incarnation of Dave Rossum’s decades-long pioneering of affordable professional sampling technology.
ASSIMIL8OR provides eight independent channels of sampling with sound quality that can range from extremely hi-fi to low fi, all with extensive real-time CV control.
Key ASSIMIL8OR features will include:
- Eight-channel multi-timbral operation. Each channel will be available from its own independent output as well as appearing in the stereo mix output.
- Superb 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion.
- Mono or stereo sampling. Channels can be configured as eight mono voices, four stereo voices, or any combination. (Well, any combination that adds up to eight).
- Unique timbral capabilities with the ability to phase modulate samples by external analog signals or by other samples (a first, we believe).
- Variable sample fidelity with independently selectable sample rate and bit depth.
- Real-time CV control of bit depth.
- Extensive sample manipulation and looping capabilities.
- Sample scrubbing under CV control.
- One-shot or gated sample playback with variable release time in gated mode.
- Gate/trigger inputs and CV inputs for each sample that can be assigned independently for each channel to virtually any sample parameter. Examples include:Pitch
Release Decay (for gated sounds)
- A front panel accessible SD card for sample and preset storage.
- And a lot more…
ASSIMIL8OR will be available this winter from Rossum Electro-Music dealers worldwide. Additional details will be available as release approaches.